Saturday 17 August 2024

My heart was made for love


This was written on Election day in South Africa, 29th May at a 24/7 Burn worship event in Gqeberha. Some of our church worship group members were on stage leading us in worship. I had forgotten about it, but it's a timeless message about loving like Jesus. (Photos taken on a recent visit to Johannesburg.)

My heart was made for love
I am made in your image
You are the image of love
Part of you is in me

I am drawn close to your heart
My very life support
Bread and water and air
Love would naturally flow from this space
It's from your heart
You created me with your image in me
My heart beats with your heartbeat
Your heart is towards your creation
Everything you created
The people, the animals
The very earth we stand on

You fill every part of me
Your love fills me
It overflows out of me towards
Your creation
Love, care, compassion, justice and shalom
All things made new

I am a cutting of you
Same same
Close to you
Right next to you and in you
Part of you infused into me
Same DNA
Same heart and love

Same Spirit in me
Same power
Same mandate
A sacrifice for you
All on the altar
We see the Father through you
People see you through me
All draws back to the Father

Help us to really and truly
Know your heart
So we can follow
So we can be the offshoot of your heart
Salt and light
To represent you well
Father God
A loving welcome to all
Draw near
Be close
Be a part of you
You in me, shining through


Fully God/Fully Man
"If you see me, you see God"
The disciples saw God in front of them
Looking at the fully man
Who was also fully God
He is still with us
In the power and presence of the Holy Spirit
The same Jesus is alive in us
The same Jesus gives us his peace


Jesus was the example
We get to follow him
To copy him
To be like him
To know his heart
To be his heart in our world
To see the fullness of God in bodily form
Look at Jesus
See God's love, holiness and power

Everything Jesus was
We get to copy
We get to be more and more like him
The more we do the things he did
He spent loads of time in prayer
With His Father
He went through everything we do
Showed us exactly how we can live
As humans
He was fully human
We are fully human
We can do the same
The same Holy Spirit power lives in us

Jesus showed love and care
Compassion and empathy
Humility and sacrifice
Acceptance of all
He said love your neighbor
As you love yourself
He said to love God with
Every part of ourselves
To live in righteousness and justice
Making all things new.


The above photo was taken at Cresta Shopping Mall in Gauteng. Let's imagine more with what our world could look like if we just choose one simple truth - to love in the same way that Jesus loved. It's a radical, life changing love. Let's do this!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment